Friday 13 June 2008

Cancer research coffee morning

I went to a coffee morning today, in aid of cancer research, held in our village pub. I feel it's very important to support these charities as most peoples lives have been affected by this dreadful disease in one way or another. Hopefully, one day, the money raised towards research will ultimately reduce the amount of people dying from cancer or at least make life more bearable for cancer suffers with better medication giving them a better quality of life.




I bought a lovely 'Elizabethan' design coffee pot, sugar bowl, 4 cups & saucers set for the grand sum of £1.50! I think it's from the 60's and it's absolutely immaculate, I would imagine that it has never been used. Sadly there wasn't a milk jug so I looked on Ebay for one. No luck but the same make of coffee pot was priced at £25, sugar bowl £7.50 and 1 cup & saucer £7.50, which would make my little lot £62.50 unbelievable.

I also bought a couple of bowls for a £1.

1 comment:

sharie said...

welldone with your finds, I like the green bowl