Monday 12 May 2008

Painting

BEFORE
<





AFTER
Busy painting today while I can do it outside in the sun. I have finished my first project which was meant to be quick and easy but it wasn't quite like it. I used F&B Dimity and it was the first time I have used this paint. After primimg I did one coat of Dimity which had to be sanded alot afterwards because of all the runs!!! I've now added a second coat it's not perfect but it will do. I think the paintbrush I was using wasn't very good, that's my excuse anyway. I am now going to use Crown Period Colours Aged White on a stool I picked up for £1 and I have some Cath Kidston oilcloth for the top. I'm using Dimity on the small child's chair -£2 bargain! I have a new paintbrush so fingers crossed.

2 comments:

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Great job!

Lea said...

That looks great!! Well done! I always find the smaller things that look easy the hardest work when painting lol.