Wednesday 14 May 2008

Time flies....

After reading the news yesterday about the decline in 'stay at home mums' it reminded me that I have now been 'at home' for 2yrs. Before I took maternity leave I worked as TA in a Reception class of a village primary with only 38 pupils in total. I loved my job and was doing a degree in education as well. (When I left I had about 18mths to go before becoming qualified as a teacher.) Obviously this took up alot of my time I also had 3 children, housework, cooking, gardening etc. and still found the time to do different crafts and make dolls house miniatures and go out at the weekends. I thought that being a sahm I would have plenty of time to do all of the things I like to do but in reality there are not enough hours in the day and the dolls house that I had as a leaving present from work still remains flat packed in two boxes in my wardrobe and going out is unheard of as Lily appears to be allergic to sleep unless she is lying on my knee! I honestly do not know how working mothers cope.

3 comments:

Trish said...

hiya hun, i was only thinking last night, its nearly 8 years for me now being a SAHM, I work part time as an avon rep and as a relief dinner lady now and again too, nothing like the 6 day week I used to do xxx

Sandie said...

Lovely posts, Country Bliss. Thanks for your comments on my blog - good luck with yours - it looks great.

Sandie

http://dancingonabladeofgrass.blogspot.com/

angel said...

I remember when my DD was young she wouldnt sleep unless I was holding her, now she sleeps for England.lol
There will always be time for the doll house, it can wait another few years, but the special time with Lily only lasts what seems like a moment.
I love ready your blog.mwah.