Tuesday 12 August 2008

Showery Mevagissey, a ripple and soaps...


We went to Mevagissey on Sunday just to get out of the house for a while, after all the rain. In the morning we had seen a glimmer of hope in the blue sky.






We were only there for about 5 minutes when the heavens opened. Luckily Lily had a raincoat, which is more than can be said for me and OH! So I quickly ran in a shop for a very bright rainbow umbrella!



Even though it rained, very heavy showers at times, it didn't alter the fact that Mevagissey is such a lovely place to be. If you ever go it's well worth taking a peek in the little aquarium, free entry but donations taken. Lily loved seeing the crabs and the sea bass, which she thought were sharks!



OH bought me this gorgeous chicken last week and I forgot to blog about it, so here it is.


I thought I'd just show some of the lovely soaps that my daughters friend's mum makes to sell. I bought these last week a slice of banoffee pie, a trifle, a lavender one with sprigs of lavender on top and one with a dried rose on top, aren't they sweet!

I've seen quite a lot of ripple crochet on blogs recently and having never tried this before I thought I'd give it a go. Well it took ages to actually find a pattern, then I wasn't too sure about it, so I thought I'd just do a small piece to perhaps make into a cushion. Silly me, I really love it and I so wish I'd started a big blanket but I can't stop now.

10 comments:

Louise said...

We stayed in Mevagissey a few years back in a guesthouse called The Old Vicarage. Fortunately for us it was during a hot and sunny spell. A lovely place as you say and very popular with the visitors. Great soaps, I especially love the slice of Lemon Meringue Pie, it looks so real! x

Gill said...

I've visited Mevagissey many times over the years when staying with my Mum in Newquay, it always gave us a nice trip out and we usually had a Fish and chip lunch while we were there, essential when in any harbour if you ask me!
I've yet to try a ripple blanket, I'm tempted 'cos I've seen some gorgeous ones, you've got off to a good start there. Keep it up.

maria said...

I love the ripples. You'll have to do a blanket.
I can't crochet, a friend tried to teach me but my stitches were too tight and i gave up.

Country Cottage Chic said...

I love the chicken & the soaps look like great fun. I think your ripple crochet looks fantastic!

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

hi I love the chicken and those soaps are brilliant, I wouldnt want to use them as they look so nice!
Mevagissy looks beautifullx

sharie said...

Cute chicken! Isn't it good to get out away from the house when you have all this rain. Glad you all had a good time.
Your ripples seem to be progressing.

Jessica said...

Oh, I want to be there! Those photos are lovely. I'll just have to settle for looking at them and imagining I am there!

angel said...

Great Pic's, wouldnt mind living there, Wow.
Soap!! That cant be soap![i wanna eat it *slurp*

Another great post Honey, Thanks.
Mwah X Mwah X Mwah X.

Mrs Jelly said...

More pictures of Cornwall please!
I've really missed not getting down there this year :o(
And you're perfectly placed to join the camper van swap I'm running on my blog (hint, hint)

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely photos of Mevagissey! I understand the need to dodge the rain as I live not far away from Mevagissey at all so we must be local to each other , small world.