Tuesday 26 August 2008

I'm back with an award and a ripple!

I'm back!

I've spent the last week on the English Riveria. It was the first time that I've been to that part of Devon, apart from day trips to Paignton zoo. We didn't want to go far this year as we have a new caravan and we weren't sure how our car would cope with towing it. It was raining when we left home and for most of the 2 hour journey, we pulled into the campsite at Brixham and the sun shone and apart from the odd shower it was lovely.
Brixham




My daughter thought the houses looked like they were from the childrens' programme Balamory.


Sunset Brixham marina.




There was a small beach near the campsite I think it was called West Bay, this was a short walk but many steps down, wasn't quite a short walk back though uphill all the way!!

That was the first day, I'll be back with the rest of the photos in the next few days as quite a bit of thrift shopping was partaken lol.

For now here's one I couldn't resist as daughter number 2 is called Tara and this is a Royal Tara teaset or what's left of it!

And I came back to an award from the lovely Angel of shabby angel.

Thankyou Angel.

As this is a creative award I better add this pic of another ripple blanket that I started in the car, no I wasn't driving at the time!






And also on the subject of being creative, how about joining jellybelly jellybrain's camper van swap.






go on you know you want too!! See side bar link.

7 comments:

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for wanting to exchange links with me.
I`m glad that you had a lovely time in beautiful Devon!
The photos are beautiful!
Kisses
Debbie Moss
XXXXX

Elaine said...

So pleased you had a good holiday, and are back safe and sound.

Your "Ripple" is coming on nicely, but your right about one thing "Don't crochet and drive...........you know it makes sense" LOL

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Gill said...

Ooh I love Brixham, I had a holiday there years ago, we were in an apartment right next to the harbour, it was such fun being in the middle of all the activity. Mind you I wasn't so keen on thrifting in those days, it would be different now, I'd be checking out all the local charity shops and finding out where the nearest boot sale was!

sharie said...

Looks like you had a gorgeous holiday - at least those blue skies look promising.
Great to see you kept up the thrifting and came away with a eautiful tea service too.

Yogihan said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog - the t-shirt folding mehod is such a great party trick once you've figured it out! Great blog, looks like you had a lovely time away. I'm also a fan of Sew Pretty Homestyle, so I might just have to order myself a copy of the Christmas one too. I adore quilting, sewing, knitting and crocheting- just wish I had more time to do it.

Lace hearts said...

What a lovely ripple blanket that will be! Brixham is a fab part of the world to spend a hol - your pics looks good.

angel said...

Oh, i missed this!
Great pic's as usual. *hugs*
The houses are lovely and your littlie is right they do look like Balamory houses.

I love the crochet fingy its beautiful, you are so talented, i would love to crochet and be able to spell it. lol.
Mwah X x X x X