Tuesday 8 December 2009

A Pause in Advent week 2

I paused for a little bit too long this week and realised at 1.30 this morning that I hadn't done a blog post on Sunday. It has been a rather hectic weekend with a meeting, a book sale, Christmas shopping and laying a carpet. I usually decorate my house during the first week of December but this year I appear to be behind with everything. Yesterday I managed to get one Christmas tree up helped by my 3 year old, very stressful :) We also got out the Christmas house, which has become a Christmas tradition for us, this is a 1/12th scale miniature house, made about 6 years ago. Lots of the items in it were made using Fimo, which was my passion at the time. The photo was taken last year and not a very good one but the weather is too dark at the moment making it virtually impossible to get a decent photo. I will have to try and take some better ones when the sun comes out, maybe some close ups of the miniature Christmas food.

6 comments:

Coco Rose Diaries said...

I LOVE your christmas house! What a wonderful idea! I know my children would love to have something like that, maybe a thought for next year if I can get organised! he he! xxx

Floss said...

What a fantastic house! How lovely to have that as part of your Christmas traditions.

Serenata said...

A lovely house - what a fantastic tradition! We have something that we put out every year as well which my older son made when he was quite young, but I'm still waiting on hubby to get the decorations down from the loft.

Dawn said...

What a gorgeous house!
I haven't even got my tree yet so you're well ahead of me.

Aussie Maria said...

Oh my the house is fantastic. Wish I could climb in and have a closer look around

Lisa Jane said...

wow, i love it. I would love to try making one - but as i work full time i only just manage to get all my cards made! I will ad it to my list of things i must get round to doing. !