Monday 21 December 2009

A Pause in Advent week 4

The final pause in Advent and how quickly has the past four weeks gone by!
My tree is up with lots and lots of decorations, mainly vintage. I'm afraid I'm not the 'less is more' type and can't resist buying vintage baubles when I'm lucky enough to find them in the charity shops or boot sales. Because of an influx of baubles this year I've had to fill my cake stands and some glass vases with them, I couldn't fit any more on the tree.




I've also got lots of fairy lights scattered around inside and out.
Now I just need to catch up on all the neglected housework, due to my produce market sewing. Then I have to work through this little lot;
- kitchen decorations, clean the fish tanks, write cards, wrap presents, finish a few crochet presents and lots of cooking. I have chutney on the go at the moment then tomorrow/Wednesday I will be making cranberry & white chocolate fudge & cookies, candy cane brittle, Christmas rocky road, mint crisps, gingerbread cookies, mince pies and Nigella's chocolate Christmas cake. The aim is for it all to be done before Mr CB finishes work on Wednesday. Then I can prep the Christmas dinner, cook sausage rolls and roast a ham joint on Christmas eve morning ready to relax and enjoy the festivities from then on and hopefully go into Padstow for the afternoon depending on the weather of course. Now I better get a move on or none of this will be done.

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

your decorations look wonderful. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

What beautiful decorations ... I love the baubles. Did I tell you I saw a box of baubles at the Giant Flea Market in Shepton Mallet for £15 not unlike the ones I bought the previous week for £1.50 in the charity shop!!!

Happy Christmas - have a wonderful time - you deserve it after all your hard work.

Serenata said...

The baubles look delightful you have a really lovely collection.

Phew! Reading your list makes me feel exhausted, let alone doing all that... although my list admittedly is very similar!

Dawn said...

your vintage baubles are so beautiful - I shall be searching for some of my own before next Christmas.
Have a Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love those ornaments! I'm swamped with stuff to get done as well and where am I...on the computer!

I must go and make some dishes for the big day.

Your home looks lovely...neighbor. We live right around the corner from each other.

Aussie Maria said...

How lovely that someone is 'caretakeing' those lovely vintage ornaments so they now become part of your history

Callies Cottage said...

Your home looks wonderful!
Wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Warm Winter Wishes,
Cally x x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Yvonne,

Your house looks amazing!
I think you should forget about the housework :-)

You certainly have lots to do in the run up to Christmas! I am so pleased I have a year off from the cooking this year, my poor mum is not so pleased though! lol

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas & New Year.

Love
Rose XXX

Lace hearts said...

Your tree looks fabulous. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I'm planning on making sausage rolls today as well. Ought to get on with it! x

Pomona said...

Have a very happy Christmas!

Pomona x