Friday 11 December 2009

A very mini Christmas

Amazingly I've actually done something that I said I would do - the pictures of my miniature Christmas house, with all the pieces that I made. :)

First the beaded window garlands.
Fimo (Polymer clay) food - salmon mousse, pork pie, cheeseboard, sausage rolls and meat platter.

Gingerbread houses, every year I say I'm going to make a real one maybe I will this year.
Christmas cakes.
Christmas pudding, mince pies and yule logs.
Cheese hamper and Dundee cake hamper.
I do have a complete Christmas dinner made of Fimo but that is in my Fisherman's cottage.
Now for the decorations - a cross stitch robin.
Fimo again (I really did love playing with Fimo, it's very relaxing) -Snowmen, bell, candle centrepiece.
In situ - Mrs Claus in the shop.
Santa in the grotto.
The restaurant.
Tea room.
And finally the front of the house.
Now some of you may think I'm a little strange but dolls house are very addictive. I had my first 'grown up' one 6 years ago and now have a dozen or so! I found I could incorparate all the crafts that I liked to do, including crochet on tiny, tiny hooks! They were also very therapeutic for me when my mum died. One day I will take some photos of the insides of the other houses, at the moment they are rather dusty and I have no time to dust!
Can you believe it will be Christmas day in 2 weeks time, scary! I haven't wrapped any presents or written any cards yet. This weekend I want to make some Boxing day chutney, cranberry fudge and mint crisp, put up the outside lights, finish the sewing for next week's produce/craft market as well as all the housework and shopping, no rest for the wicked as my mum would say!
Have a great weekend x

16 comments:

Twiggy said...

Wow totally gorgeous. We visited a toy shop last weekend that sells handmade wooden toys and they had some wonderful dolls houses, I quite fancy one myself !!
Good luck with your Christmas to do list, mine doesn't seem to be shrinking as I keep having new ideas :)
Twiggy x

VintageVicki said...

Wow :)

I have a dolls house (waiting to be built) - that is an early 40th birthday pressie.

I love all your foodie bits - one day I shall be tempted to do the same.

Suppose once its built I'd better start with furniture etc first.

LissyLou said...

oh wow! that is lovely x

Sarah said...

I love those little gingerbread houses, so sweet!
Have a great weekend.
x

made with love said...

Now that is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I can't believe all the little bits you have made fo r it. This year I am miles behind. I have ran out of cards, still not addressed the ones I have written. Half made a pud and cake and the christmas tree is sitting in the garden still in it's wrapper. Need to get a move on.
This must be a tough time of year for you. I find I remember people who once filled the chairs at the christmas table but I really can not appreciate the loss of a parent.
Thinking of you all. Good luck with the preparations this weekend, hopefully my half finished things will be finished too.
Hugs Rachael XX

bellaboo said...

A.m.a.z.i.n.g!!
So much care and love has been put into making that beautiful miniature house.I had a little dolls house when I was a child which had little lights and 'leaded' type windows.I would spend hours moving all the furniture around.
Oh dear..don't leave it too late to do your Xmas bits and bobs!

Bellaboo

Dawn said...

Amazing! I really can't imagine how many hours work must have gone into your Christmas house.

claire said...

I'd love a dolls house..need to wait til Rubes is bigger though I think. I plan on having a village store type house with the front being the shop so I can have housey things and shoppy things.
Your christmas house is beautiful....you are very clever x

Thedarkerside73 said...

That is so gorgeous and small! what is it about things in miniture that get us gils all silly!

I just love your christmas house!


Hope your christmas preparations go well this weekend.



MBBx

Funkymonkey said...

What a fantastic Christmas house. I bet you could make up loads of stories about that house and the people eho live in it. I would imagine you could look at that house again and again and see something new each time.

Tracey

Serenata said...

That is so lovely, and such clever work with the fimo. I was just explaining to hubby yesterday in Hamleys how much I'd like a dolls house one day as I never had one as a child. He said we need a bigger house ourselves first!

I haven't wrapped (or even got all the pressies yet) or written cards either - yikes!

Country Cottage Chic said...

It's fabulous....I want to live in it!!

Jayne

Josie-Mary said...

Looks fantastic!! My mum got hooked on dolls houses....she has loads now, poor dad..!
I haven't done anything for Christmas yet, I'm hoping I can start after the fair on Sunday.....must write cards as I hate doing that & always put it off. :)

Elaine said...

It's stunning, absolutely gawjus!!!
How you have the patience for such tiny work I don't know.
Can't wait to see the photos of the others.

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxx

Aussie Maria said...

Wow!!! Love the house, would so love to spend hours just looking at everything in there. Am so glad you included Mrs Claus too

Unknown said...

I came to visit for A Pause in Advent and stayed to enjoy these adorable creations! So very cute! :)