Friday 14 August 2009

Crochet Hexagons, Amigurumi and Flowers.

At long last I have finished my hexagon blanket so now I really must finish the ripple.





But first I couldn't resist doing another hexagon using a different pattern this one has 3 different hexagon motifs, one has lots of clusters, one with a few less clusters and the third has fdptr so you get 6 lines from the fourth round to the first (like the blue & red one in the photo) All the hexagons will have a final & joining round in pale cream.


This is how far I've got only another 100 or so to go.


I've also made a cushion, yet to be backed, in 100% cotton for a change I usually use DK.



A little wallet to hold my store cards etc.


I haven't done any Amigurumi for a while except for Jodie's jigglypuff so had a little play making


this little jelly fish,

who spends most of his time hanging around in the bathroom.


Finally some flowers made whilst sitting outside on the few dry days that we have had, some are brooches and the smaller ones are going to be made into headbands..

I've also bought this gorgeous Kaffe Fassett wool and a circular knitting needle to make some socks. I haven't knitted for years, I think the last time was when I made a set of Jean Greenhowe scarecrows when I was pregnant with daughter no 2 who's now 19!


On Saturday I had a lovely surprise in the post, a beautiful flower brooch made by Lyn. We were swap partners for the freestyle swap in May and she sent me the brooch as she felt there wasn't enough handmade things in the swap. There really wasn't any need as I was delighted with my swap but it was wonderful to receive this one, which I put on straight away as I was on my way out wearing a taupe top, the perfect match.
Thankyou Lyn it was really kind of you.

20 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

What a beautiful array of crochetness, you are so clever :)

I adore your new wool, so pretty, look forward to seeing the socks.

X

Pomona said...

Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! I really love your crochet - I can knit but can't crochet, and I am quite envious!

Pomona x

Floss said...

A lovely selection of crafts - your hexagon blanket is really one of the nicest I have seen! The colours and details are quite fantastic.

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Haven't you been doing well! So many wonderful things,

Victoria xx

Anonymous said...

wow! I really like your hexagon blanket! I haven't tried hexagons yet... Still cracking on with square blanket number two, seem to have been doing it forever!

I really like doing the flowers and amigurami... I think it's becuase you seem to get miore for your efforts sooner! Instant gratification! lol

Looking forward to seeing how your second blanket turns out :-)

Rose XXX

Lyn said...

Glad you liked the flower brooch!
I love your crochet, my ripple cushion cover seems to be taking ages!
Love
Lyn
xxx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

How beautiful!

I am currently making a crochet blanket and it is taking forever.

marble rose said...

Everything is just wonderful. You must get such satisfaction creating something so beautiful. Sigh - again you have inspired me to go back and have another go at it all. The cotton cushion just about got me out of my seat and searching for my hook.


Weldone!
Fleur
xx

Thedarkerside73 said...

Hi, havent commented I dont think before on your gorgeous blog.

That blanket is just beautiful.I dont crochet or knit. (did when I was a child and I keep looking at all these love knitty crocheting blogs........ so you never know) I do sewing though that my "thing" at the mo.

Love your jiggly puff and jelly fish, I have no idea what Amigurumi is sounds interesting.

Will come and visit again if thats ok.


MBBx

Lulu said...

wow, its just beautiful...Lovely blanket..

Kirsty said...

I love your blanket! Have never attempted hexagons, one for the list ;o)

Indigo Blue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indigo Blue said...

Sorry, I deleted my last comment as my computer went odd. I love your blanket and I admire you for crocheting sooo many hexagons! Absolutely gorgeous!
xx

Serenata said...

Simply gorgeous! Lovely colours and patterns. I look forward to seeing your ripple blanket and socks!

Twiggy said...

Oooo that's a gorgeous blanket but I must say I LOVE the little jelly fish too, soooo cute. Wish I could crochet. I've got the Jean Greenhowe jiffyknits book, it's very funny, well it is when I try to knit things from it :)
Twiggy x

sharie said...

The blanket is absolutely stunning and I bet you could get a small fortune for it if you sold it.

Looking at your work it makes me feel like getting out my crochet hook once more.

Joshy and belle said...

your crochet is beautiful, ive got a ripple patiently waiting to be finished too!! fliss xx

The Vintage Kitten said...

Your blanket is absolutely stunning. You are so talented! X

Thecraftytrundler said...

LOVE THOSE HEXAGONS!!! Will have to have a go!!! Those colours are so bright and vibrant!!!!!

Sharon xx

ReapWhatYouGrow said...

How lovely to see your collection of crocheted items. I am learning crochet after years of knitting only, and although I found it hard at first, the lovely things you can make won me over in the end.

Yours is a real inspiration, especially the hexagon throw.

Great blog, I will be back.
x