Friday 24 July 2009

Enough is enough!



There was a time that I was very fit but having 4 children has taken it's toll, I think it's the fourth one that tips you over the edge! With the first two I managed to get back to 8 stone reasonably quickly albeit with my first I was under so much stress I didn't eat very much for a year and with my second I got addicted to exercise. With my third child it took a little longer but it was done sensibly using my collection of fitness videos/DVDs, aerobics and step classes twice a week, 5 hour aerobathon's every now & then. Along with lots and lots of walking and bike riding.


Well now my youngest is three and I'm so unfit it half kills me to walk up a hill, added to this I still have 3 stone to loose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. So I've dusted off my power plate bought over a year ago & not really used until now, I read that Madonna rates it highly and it's the espresso of exercise machines, well watch this space lol.


The mini trampoline has come out of hiding, this one was bought 3 years ago and I paid £89 for it and as you can see it's hardly been used, I think possibly only once.


So I'm hoping that using these two, doing lots of walking and getting into the habit of doing fitness DVDs again, I may change things around and actually get back to normal. Also by putting it on my blog it may just remind me to do something.

***************
I am so annoyed my lounge wallpaper, which I love has been ruined. Of course I blamed everybody for it but on inspecting the area couldn't find any bits of paper and it is rather high up, above the mantlepiece. Now don't think I'm crazy but we have reason to believe that the culprit was indeed a tiny snail. I have a jug of Hydrangeas, brought in from the garden, on my mantlepiece and we found a snail at the top of the wall directly above the ruined patch. Apparently snails will eat paper so it would make sense. The moral of this story is make sure you check your Hydrangeas for snails before bringing them into the house.


And yes, I did apologise to everyone for blaming them.

9 comments:

sharie said...

Good luck with the exercise regime!

We had a slug in the house that ate part of my address book. Apparantly they like paper and the taste of glue/paste.

Twiggy said...

Good luck with the exercise, I really ought to join you. We used to live in an old house that had a cellar that was slug central - yuck!!!
Twiggy x

Cal said...

Good luck with the exercise. Let us know how you get on. You'll be inspiring us all to get fit.
Have a good weekend.
Cal x

Kirsty said...

Oh I am with you on the exercise - I need to get going with some. I had started getting into good havits with walking lots once my dh got home from work but he's working away at the moment and so I can't do too much. Good luck anyway.

Country Cottage Chic said...

Snails love paper - what a pity they ate your wallpaper.

Good luck with the excercise regime!

Jayne

Floss said...

Oh dear, that does look like snail damage - I left the instructions for our swimming pool outside and I recognise the marks! Thanks very much for your kind wishes on our anniversary, and good luck with your exercise plans!

MelMel said...

Whoops about your paper!

Sorry not been to say hi for a while...thought I'd pop by and see what has been happening!x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Good luck with the exercising!

Victoria xx

Kitty said...

Awww, had to laugh at you reaching 'something HAS to be done' stage! I need to get to that point - I don't want it to slide, and it's definitely sliding (the 'it' in question would be my stomach!)

Thanks for the smiles. x