Saturday 31 December 2011

End of 2011

Christmas has been & gone already although all 4 of my girls were here for christmas day it has for the most part been a one child household, very strange!


We went to Eden and the little one made a stocking & some reindeer food.
And for the first time I made a gingerbread house using the Good Food online recipe, which makes plenty enough for cookies as well, all decorated by my 5 yr old.


The holly berries were plentiful this year probably because it has been so mild, I had lots to add to my wreaths.

I did a big 2 day craft fair at Pencarrow house, which went really well & got me in the Christmas spirit making & selling lots of these owls
A string quilted cushion that I made for myself.
My 21 yr old is mad on the Grinch so I made these Grinch pills & hearts using fab Grinch fabric for her.

I also managed a little bit of thrifting the day before christmas eve & picked up this green Woods Ware tureen,

a really sweet ornate chair and
yet another fire screen! My 5yr old even said 'How many fire screens do you need'
And finally the glass set & stand.
I also got quite a few craft books in my stocking, these should keep me busy for a while.
Sadly my cousin died suddenly from cancer a few weeks ago, she was 48 & a mother of 4, this came just months after her mum (my late mums sister) died. It certainly puts things in perspective, R.I.P. Sonja.
I hope you've all had a good Christmas and I wish you all a Happy New Year, may 2012 be a good one xx

6 comments:

mother of purl said...

Happy new year to you & yours- hope 2012 is a good one x

Unknown said...

Happy new Year. xx

lemonade kitty said...

Happy new year, Lucey x

Indigo Blue said...

Hi,
Gosh, I thought I might have written this post, so many similar things. I had a birthday on 23ed and I was lucky enough to be given Patch and Kirstie Allsops craft book. Which project will you do first? We also went to Eden did you try thier soup? So many people hav had a go at Gingerbread houses thsi year includ8ing us. Could I borrow your picture as I would like to do a post on them?
I am very sorry to hear about your cousin, so young. My Dad suddenly died in September just four weeks after being diagnosed with Cancer. My family are certainly hopeing that 2012 is better but there is still much to do including my Mum wanting to move house.
Take care and Happy New Year to you and yours.
xx

Unknown said...

Are those really Grinch pills? For my new year I also had red once but bit smaller than yours. It has a nasty taste of course. And we made a Sapphire Ring salad that even tasted good. Cheers for the weirdness!

Lyn said...

Hope you are all ok? I am looking back at blogs that have not posted for a while.
Hope the Year so far has been kind to you.
xxx